Every commercial laundry, hotels or otherwise, has a duct or series of ducts (the complete exhaust system) that remove the hot, moisture-laden air from dryers and exhaust it outdoors on the roof or via an outside wall. This hot air is filled with lint particles that, over time, deposit inside the duct. Lint can stack up until it is inches thick. Regular Laundry Duct Cleaning is needed to remove the accumulation. Laundry Duct Cleaning is commonly done every three to six months but may be needed as often as monthly. When Laundry Duct Cleaning is ignored, the lint buildup – which can eventually occupy 50-75% of the duct – can cause a lot of problems. Lint may be dispersed into the HVAC systems, thereby being inhaled by the building occupants without their knowledge. If this happens, there will be a lot of negative consequences for the establishment. To perhaps illustrate the seriousness of this problem better, we will enumerate the many “symptoms” that your laundry duct system is reaching a critical point.
- Clothes taking too long to dry.
- Excess lint buildup in the ducts, causing a fire hazard.
- Dryer units automatically turning off because the heat is not exhausting.
- Fire dampers in the ducts may malfunction.
- Higher concentrations of lint in the indoor air.
- Rusting of the ducts from holding wet lint for long periods
- Of all these signs, fire is the most serious concern, by and large, as lint is a highly flammable and easily-ignited matter. In hotels and similar facilities, customer service becomes an issue, as slow drying time easily becomes a major problem for the department. An accumulation of excess lint deposits blowing into the hotel lobby also becomes a black ink in the hotel’s image, as it will readily indicate an unsafe place to stay. All employees also want to work in a safe environment. When workplace accidents happen it costs money, reduces efficiency and increases equipment downtime. As a laundry department manager, there are things you can do to reduce the risk of an accident occurring. Because all employees aren’t the same and neither are their past experiences, education and training are key elements to ensuring a safe working environment.
- RJK Cleaning Services as its guiding principles in cleaning laundry duct systems.
Method of Work :
The entire system will be cleaned using various rotary brushes and extra efficiency Filtered dust collection units to remove all debris and lint through temporary or permanent accesses made in the ducts. All the grills and the filters will be pressure washed and fixed back into the position before restarting the system.
After completion of the job, a cleaning certificate will be issued within 10-12 days along with the after service report including the photographs before and after.